9:00 am – 10:00 am
Check-in and Walk-in Registration Ackerman Union 2nd Floor Lounge
10:00 am – 12:00 pm
Keynote Speaker, Devon W. Carbado, Associate Vice Chancellor
Critical Resources at UCLA (11 am -12:00 pm)
12:00 pm – 1:00 pm
Lunch - Box Lunch sponsored by ASUCLA – Lunch will be served on the Kerckhoff Coffee House patio.
1:00 pm – 2:20 pm
Session 1 – Concurrent panel discussions
Black Lives in the University
Health and Wellness
Women in STEM
2:30 pm – 3:50 pm
Session 2 – Concurrent panel discussions
Queer in LA
Getting Connected: Social Action
First Generation Graduate Students
Navigating the Academy
3:45 pm – 4:00 pm Social Media Break
Win prizes for posting to EID Facebook and Twitter timelines.
4:00 pm – 6:00 pm
Networking Reception – Pauley Pavilion Club Room
Connect with Faculty, Staff, Alumni, Student Group Representatives and other Graduate Students
**2018 EID DAY PHOTO CONTEST**
The EID Day Committee is excited to announce our first ever EID Day Photo Contest! For the next several weeks leading up to EID Day on September 20th, we invite you to send in photos related to this year’s theme and slogan, Unity & Diversity: Unity begins with U. This theme is purposefully broad and up for interpretation – whatever photos you have that represent what unity and diversity mean to you are eligible!
Photo Contest Rules:
1. Submit your photos anytime on Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram from now until midnight on 9/19/18.
2. Submit as many photos as you like, there are no limits on individual submissions.
3. Along with your photo(s), please include a 1-2 line caption explaining the significance of the photo and how it relates to this year’s theme.
4. Tag @UCLAEID and @uclagsrc in each photo, and include the hashtag #UCLAEIDDAY18.
5. Three winners will be selected and will receive $50 Amazon gift cards on EID Day, and all of your photos will be featured as part of a special event surprise…
That’s it – we can’t wait to see your photos!
Check-in and Registration
9:00 a.m. – 9:45 a.m.
Bruin Reception Room (Ackerman, 2nd Floor)
10:00 a.m. – 10:50 a.m.
Ackerman Grand Ballroom, 2nd Floor
Campus & Graduate Resource Tours
11:00 a.m., 12:45 p.m., 2:00 p.m., 3:30 p.m.
Tours depart from Kerckhoff Patio
Keys to Success in Graduate School
11:00 a.m. – 12:15 p.m.
Panels include: Academic Master's, Arts, Films, Theater and Performance, Engineering, Life and Physical Sciences, Professional Master's, Social Science
12:15 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.
12:30 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
1:00 p.m., 2:15 p.m., 3:30 p.m.
Immediately Following Orientation (~4:45pm)
Ackerman Terrace Patio